- The US Department of Education has released a new booklet for Schools. Guiding Principles: A Resource Guide for Improving School Climate and Discipline. The Guiding Principles document draws from emerging research and best practices to describe three key principles and related action steps that that can help guide state- and locally controlled efforts to improve school climate and school discipline.
- Click this link to download the pdf of the booklet
- The practice guide Reducing Behavior Problems in the Elementary School Classroom offers five recommendations to help elementary school educators as well as school and district administrators develop and implement effective prevention and intervention strategies that promote positive student behavior in kindergarten through 5th grades.
- Click this link to download the pdf of the practice guide.
US Department of Education: Guiding Principles - A Resource Guide for Improving School Climate and Discipline
IES Practice Guide: Reducing Behavior Problems in the Elementary School Classroom
Sign Language: Through your Child’s Eyes: American Sign Language
read a small article that goes with the video here.
Project Based Learning
- Well-designed project-based learning (PBL) has been shown to result in deeper learning and engaged, self-directed learners. Learn more about the five core elements of successful PBL. This video also features the principal and teachers from School 58.
- Click this link to read the article..